Move With Maths
If your Numeracy results is a focus area of improvement on your School Improvement Plan and you wish to raise these standards, our “Move with Maths!” programme is an excellent way to raise attainment in Numeracy while children are being active and having fun!
Here at Primary PPA Cover, we are huge advocates for physically active learning. As outlined in the following TED talk by NorwichEd (Bryn Llewellyn & Andy Daly-Smith):
• “Why do we sit children down to learn and when did this start?”
• “We’ve made huge strides with technology yet our classrooms compared to Victorian times are not that different”
Across the UK, 4 out of 5 children are not as physically active as they should be. This gives us even more reason to focus on physically active learning. When learning about the number line, what is stopping us from creating a physical number line outside or in the hall and having children run to the correct number on the line once they are given a sum?
We have found increased engagement levels across the board with our schools that are using our Move with Maths programme – this can be used as a top-up for your normal numeracy lessons, alongside your normal numeracy lessons or to use your:
• Catch Up Premium
• Pupil Premium
• Primary PE
• School Sports Premium
Our Move with Maths programme is available via TeachTool meaning your school receives weekly updates on how children are progressing, has access to medium term planning, schemes of work and will receive personalised pupil reports at least once per year allowing you to track progress and deliver evidence to justify your premium spends to governors and Ofsted.
The objectives of this programme:
- For children to develop their Numeracy skills through fun, interactive games and sports activities
- For children to develop core principles of dedication and hard work that can be applied to achieve academic success in all areas of the curriculum
- To encourage health and wellness as well as educating children Numeracy skills such as; fractions, percentages, and multiplication tables
- To provide an extra hour’s physical exercise to children during their Curriculum hours
- To improve self-confidence, leadership and decision-making skills
- To make Numeracy accessible for all regardless of age, learning style or individual needs!
Why use Primary PPA Cover’s “Move with Maths!” programme?
Our ‘Move with Maths!’ programme is an excellent way to raise attainment in Numeracy whilst children are being active and having fun!
This programme gets children up on their feet, taking part in physical activity whilst improving their Numeracy skills at the same time.
To find out more about TeachTool or to log-in, click here.