Leap Into Literacy
If Literacy is a focus area on your School Improvement Plan and you wish to raise standards, our “Leap Into Literacy!” programme is an excellent way to raise attainment in Literacy while children are being active and having fun!
For many years, research has shown that children demonstrate higher engagement in lessons that use active methodologies. Our Leap into Literacy programme covers all areas of the National Curriculum for Literacy whilst combining key areas of PE. Think spelling through relay races and reading comprehension through active team games!
We have found increased engagement levels across the board with our schools that are using our Leap Into Literacy programme – this can be used as a top-up for your normal literacy lessons, alongside your normal literacy lessons or to use your:
• Catch Up Premium
• Pupil Premium
• Primary PE
• School Sports Premium
Your school can use our Leap Into Literacy to cover PE and/or Literacy elements of the curriculum funded by the school budget, Pupil Premium or Sport Premium funds.
The objectives of this programme:
- For children to develop their Literacy skills through fun, interactive games and sports activities
- For children to develop core principles of dedication and hard work that can be applied to achieve academic success in all areas of the curriculum
- To encourage health and wellness as well as educating children in key literacy skills such as; acquiring a wide vocabulary, understanding grammar, developing speaking, listening, reading and writing
- To provide an extra hour’s physical exercise to children during their Curriculum hours
- To improve self-confidence, leadership and decision-making skills
- To make Literacy accessible for all regardless of age, learning style or individual needs!
Why choose Primary PPA Cover for your Literacy Provision?
- It is a research based initiative with a clear framework for teaching
- There is structured progression from Reception to Y6
- Assessments are built-in to the programme and all areas of literacy are covered
- Quality, consistent staff
- Innovative and cost-effective way to spend your Primary PE Premium Fund and Pupil Premium Fund; to improve Literacy through Physical Education
- All lesson plans provided; hassle-free for teachers
- To promote language and literacy development
- Meet the requirements of the National Curriculum whilst sparking a new engagement in children’s love for literacy
- To raise attainment in Literacy
- To provide opportunities to develop critical and creative thinking as well as competence in listening, speaking, reading and writing as well as personal and interpersonal teamwork skills which are useful in later life
Every child has different ways in which they learn best, and our “Leap into Literacy” programme gets children up on their feet, taking part in physical activity whilst improving their Literacy skills at the same time, the programme has a proven track record of engaging children who have otherwise struggled with Literacy in the classroom.
Our “Leap into Literacy!” programme is based on getting Literacy to become an active subject, developed by our Literacy and PE specialists together. Sometimes, all it takes is for children to get out of the classroom and see Literacy taught in a different way for them to understand a certain Literacy challenge. Our mission is to make Literacy FUN!
We offer our “Leap into Literacy!” programme to all year groups from EYFS through to Y6 and has suitable differentiation opportunities for all abilities including children with additional needs and English as an Additional Language.
“Leap into Literacy!” is not just for children who are struggling with Literacy, we also offer Gifted and Talented booster sessions which are ideal pre-SATs to give children that final boost before their tests!
As well as providing excellent lesson plans and resources, we also provide assessments for children so progress is tracked across each individual pupil, class and year group.
This means that you can evidence the pupil’s work and progress to demonstrate your Pupil Premium spends when Ofsted visit your school.
To find out more about TeachTool or to log-in, click here.