At Primary PPA Cover, we pride ourselves on being able to offer Continuous Professional Development and facilitate sharing best practice between primary schools.
We come to you
- Mentoring – supporting your staff to up-skill their knowledge in specialist subjects throughout the academic year. Regular planning reviews and lesson observations take place with your allocated mentor at our head office. Development plans are put in place with a different focus each term to ensure you are getting the most out of your mentorship and are being the best possible teacher. Support with the role of subject lead and OFSTED preparation for this is also provided.
- One-off CPD sessions – this can be for the whole school team on a specialist subject to improve confidence within a subject and/or a specific topic such as Behaviour Management, First Aid, How to make your Numeracy/Literacy lessons active, How to teach MFL in line with the new Ofsted framework, How to teach Computing in line with the new curriculum, Behaviour Management etc. These will normally occur during INSET days and can also take place virtually.
- To view the different packages we have to offer, please click here
You come to us(or join us online!)
All training sessions are accredited by the CPD Accreditation Service and certificates of attendance are awarded.
We offer regular one of CPD sessions at our head office in Ashby de la Zouch, Leicestershire for different roles within school, although due to COVID-19, CPD sessions are currently taking place via Zoom. Under the current climate we are also offering many sessions on how to continue to deliver the best possible sessions despite the impact COVID-19 is having on us all.
Check out what events are coming up below:
Teacher Induction Training
Primary PPA Cover takes pride in providing continuous training opportunities for all of our staff free of charge to support our employee’s future development. For anyone who enrols with us, we hold our Teacher Induction Training once per half term. For staff this would be a compulsory session. A further 2 sessions are compulsory for staff throughout the academic and are offered free of charge.
Teacher Induction Training includes:
- Introduction to the company
- Company expectations and policies
- Behaviour management tips
- Observations and expectations
- OFSTED subject deep dives
- Subject Leader Action Plans
- Sharing best practice – purpose based scenarios
- Current Government guidance due to COVID-19
- School and company COVID-19 risk assessments
Check out our upcoming Induction training dates below: