The objectives of this programme:
- For children to learn why Music is important, to become familiar with the names and sounds of all basic percussion instruments as well as other musical terms
- For children to develop their creative thinking skills and improve their motor skills
- To encourage children to become active listeners
- To demonstrate that there are rewards from dedication and practice
- To encourage children to learn about and to embrace other cultures through music
- To develop confidence and listening skills
- For children to explore emotions through music, helping them develop into young people and learn more about who they are.
- To raise attainment and enthusiasm in Music lessons
- To make children aware of the importance of teamwork and coordination in a team
- To make Music fun!
Drama & Musical Theatre
The objectives of the Drama PPA programme:
- For children to learn why Drama is important, to become familiar with all basic drama techniques such as role-play and mime
- To demonstrate good negotiation skills when working as an ensemble that children can use in all subjects across the curriculum
- To improve public speaking skills which are inevitably an asset to every individual’s lifelong career
- To show children that Drama is not only for the most extrovert children – there are opportunities to just be a “face” or a “voice” in the chorus as well as an abundance of roles backstage.
- To support children in exploring the world around them using imaginary characters
The objectives of the Musical Theatre programme:
- For children to develop their skills in the key areas of singing, dancing and acting
- To introduce children to stage production and play writing
- To improve children’s confidence by performing a different range of musical theatre productions, trying out new roles and responsibilities
- For children to act through improvisation and understand the importance of body language
- To improve voice projection through acting and singing