LinguaLearn©: MFL PPA Cover
Using Primary PPA Cover’s Specialist MFL Teachers could not be a more suitable and hassle-free way of covering your school’s requirements of MFL
The LinguaLearn concept was created by the directors of Primary PPA Cover Ltd in 2012 as a way of teaching languages interactively in primary schools. All schools that have decided to use LinguaLearn© to cover their language requirement have been overwhelmed by the children’s progress and enthusiasm towards their language lessons. Since September 2014, every school is required to offer an MFL lesson at least once per week for years three to six (Key Stage 2) and LinguaLearn© could not be a more suitable and hassle-free way of covering the requirements of the new curriculum.
Why is LinguaLearn the best-suited curriculum for MFL?
- Our MFL LinguaLearn© teachers use our specifically designed software which imports class lists and tracks pupil progress as well as providing individual or class reports at the click of a button. For more information on our TeachTool© software please click here
- LinguaLearn© involves a wide variety of cross-curricular links enabling children to excel in other areas of the curriculum whilst learning a new language
- The programme combines competitions, teamwork and fun which put a new outlook on language learning for children
- LinguaLearn© meets all requirements of the new OFSTED framework (2019)
- Due to our international schools’ links, we facilitate international learning opportunities for the children such as Skype interactive sessions with schools in Spain, pen-pal schemes, and even residential trips abroad. For more information on this, please contact us.
Although languages are only a compulsory requirement for Key Stage 2 (since September 2014), we have a full programme specifically for Key Stage 1 to prepare children ready for when they move up to the next Key Stage.
Our software combines an array of audio-visual resources both interactive and teacher-led. We use a combination of songs, games, activities, music and written resources. To see an example lesson in our software, click here.
Why choose Primary PPA Cover for your MFL provision?
Our recent achievements are as follows:
- Holy Family Catholic School worked with one of our MFL specialists for the inter-school MFL Competition (Vocab Express) and received an award for the best Primary School for Spanish in the UK
- St Thomas More Catholic School entered a Spanish Dance routine into our annual ‘Language Fusion’ Midlands Event and won, receiving a trophy for the school and certificates for each child
- Three of our Primary Schools are due to come to visit our partner school in Spain this year for the third time!
At the first stages of the booking process, we will analyse your current provision against the current Ofsted requirements and complete our checklist to see how we can improve your MFL provision in school. We will then assign one of our specialist teachers to your school to carry out excellent MFL lessons and to start to work towards targets on your Subject Leader Action Plan for you.
Are you meeting Ofsted’s requirements for MFL provision? Please see guidelines below of what Ofsted look for during inspections:
- The effectiveness of the provision
- 4 skills of listening, speaking, reading and writing in a foreign language
- Evidence of learning
- Immersion into the foreign language
- Increasing opportunities to develop their language skills
- Accurate pronunciation
- A clear progression skills document (including LO’s)
- A clear Scheme of Work with evident progression
- The 3 I’s being the structure of the lessons (Intent, Implementation, Impact)
- By the end of Y6, children being able to manipulate simple sentences in the foreign language
- Coherent transition to the secondary school MFL department